Friday, January 29, 2010

This Year

I think I will dedicate this year (mostly) to music. Making music, that is. It's been a few years since I've felt like really getting stuck into it. When Sophie and I moved to Melbourne, we kind of lost momentum and were a bit over it, so haven't really done much with the band (after 3 years of slogging it out in Sydney). Anyway, it's time to get back into it. For me, anyway.

Modular Lounge is working on a new album. We've narrowed it down to 14 songs (from about 20) and are trying to get as much pre-production done as possible before we go into the studio. I like the songs we've picked. I'm looking forward to recording. It will be very different to our older stuff.

I recently acquired a Line 6 studio pod thing. For recording demo's. It's cool. You can plug your guitar straight into it and choose what amp/pedals/effects etc you want it to run through. You can program drums and then there are all these other cool effects and things for vocals etc. (Vintage Vocal is rad)

I'm still learning how to use it, but I've started demoing some of my new (very simple stupid pop) songs - which won't be for Modular Lounge. These will be for a different band I think. (one that I'm in) I like the idea of a 3 piece. I have a few ideas of how I want it to sound... It will be good to do something different musically.

Have I mentioned how much I really love my guitar? It's a Gibson 339 - they haven't been around that long. Kind of like the big hollow bodied 335's, but about the size of a Les Paul. A 335 would be giant on me. Here is a photo of me on stage with my beauty...

Nice, isn't it? It plays beautifully.

This year, I also made the decision to stop eating meat. I'm really proud of myself. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I can't class myself as a vegetarian because I'm still eating fish. And I also did have a small relapse when my friends took me to a hamburger shop drunk last weekend - it was bound to happen (and probably will again too), but I'm really determined to try and stick it out. Think of the poor farmed animals. And my carbon footprint. And the dead flesh going into my body. Ew... I can do it.

Hmm.... well I think I've crapped on enough for now. Saturday night is my oyster....

No comments:

Post a Comment