Friday, February 26, 2010

My new house

We moved house yesterday. (Hayley, Imogen and I).

We've been living in a beautiful house that was costing us a packet, then the landlords decided to increase our rent to a ridiculous amount, so we decided to move. Do we really need a dishwasher and marble bench tops? Not really. (although, given my 'worst chore is the doing the dishes' outlook, maybe a dishwasher is a must?)

So we've moved to an older (un-renovated) house. Still in North Fitzroy.

The place looked pretty grubby when we moved in, so we spent most of yesterday scrubbing walls and showers and kitchen cupboards. It still doesn't feel 100% clean, but at least we know it kind of is. The house is really spacious and has great light. And my bedroom is huge! yay. (last bedroom was tiny). I think it will be good.

Housewarming soon.

We got off to a good start with neighbours. One of my housemates accidentally parked over half of someone's driveway. She went out to her car later and there was a note on the car saying 'are you for fucking real?!' Haha. Funny. I suggested she write a note and leave it in their letterbox apologizing and explaining the hectic moving day, which she did. Hopefully they won't egg our house now.

Something weird just happened though. I was sitting on my bed, on my computer. I can see out onto the street and have my blinds up... I haven't been up long, so I am wearing PJ's. (little boxers and a singlet.) I see this guy ride past on his bike and he looks in and sees me. Next thing I know, he's stopped his bike and is coming to our front door. Great. He's seen me too, so I can't not answer the door.

He just knocked on the fucking door (must stop swearing) and asked me where the Parkview Hotel is. WTF? Who knocks on some random house in some random street (not that close to the Parkview) to ask directions to a Pub? Before 11am on a Saturday? Creepy. He looked creepy too. Now I'm paranoid (must stop smoking) that every person who rides past on a bike is him. What if he starts stalking us? He knows my bedroom and everything! And it would be easy to creep up and peer in the windows at night. Not the best feeling in the world....

Hmm... well, that is enough computer time for now. (went a whole day yesterday!)

Time for more unpacking. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. If you have a housewarming, make it on Queen's Birthday weekend. I'll be in town around then!

    My story of neighbouring car annoyances is that I almost trashed my brand new car because one of my neighbours parks his crappy damaged dark coloured ute in the middle of the street in the middle of the night even when there is plenty of parking nearby.
    It's really hard to see it.
    Since it's a closed off street, most people have to reverse to get out and thus, headlights are facing the wrong direction so that doesn't help. Can I legally get his car towed?

    You probably shouldn't open the door to creepy guys. There are too many fraked up ice addicts around. I don't want to see you murdered and raped by some nutcase.

    ReplyDelete