Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saint Valentine

Fuck Valentines Day!

Although if I had my own 'special someone', I probably wouldn't quite have that attitude. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I probably would have been slightly sucked into this ridiculous day. Can't help myself. I'm a 'head in the clouds' type of girl. Love a bit of romance.

Last year I remember waking up and my then boyfriend had gone to work. I wasn't expecting him to get me anything, because that's kind of just the way he is. (I hadn't got him anything - but was planning to cook up a storm from the MoVida cookbook that night - which I did.) But he would have known that even though I said Valentines Day was stupid, I still would have been a bit disappointed if he didn't at least give me something...

So anyway.. I was quite surprised to go out to the kitchen and find a present wrapped in red celephane (for me!) on the kitchen table. It was full of chocolates and lollies. I don't think I have mentioned my vice for anything with sugar in it. I am addicted to lollies. True story. (even though I'm a health nut when it comes to everything else*) So that made me quite happy. He'd hand made a little card too. Quite sweet. I threw that out when we broke up.

No Valentines present for me this year. Just a reminder that I am single. This year I am one of those people that scoffs at all the couples getting sucked into the whole lovey-dovey thing. Wouldn't it make more sense to do something special for someone on a day when it is not expected?

Having said that, maybe I will go outside and there will be a card in my letterbox? Or a gift on my doorstep? Maybe even a flower left on my car windshield? haha. I'm a retard. But it would be cool to have an admirer who would do something like that... As long as it's not in a stalker kind of way....

I'm no writer. I like to ramble on is about all, (oh, and I write many songs) but The Brutals (members of Treetops) who are good friends of mine had a book launch last night at The Empress. HI BEN. I am proud to say that a piece of my writing was published in this book. My first ever piece of writing used for something! I feel pretty special. I bought their new album too. I was the 3rd person to buy one apparently. I haven't listened to it yet, but I know it will be good. They have nice pop songs. Great harmonies.

I'm going amp shopping today. I'm thinking of getting Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I have been using an amazing old Fender Bassman for the past year or so. But it's not mine, and I can't really keep borrowing it...Plus, the size of the speaker is very inconvenient to carry. Should have just kept my old musicman.... That was a great amp too. I want a combo though. Something smaller and easy to carry. New amp will be exciting.

OK. Enough rambling for now....


*This does not include drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment